Spanish Customer Purchasing Trends – Know ‘em To Sell More!
By: Rabia Tanveer
The Spanish online customers are very intelligent. They know what they want and they know where they can get it. This is the reason why they love to shop internationally.
- 67% of Spanish consumers shop online.
- 57% of them prefer to shop from international websites.
Where Do They Shop?
The Spanish consumer prefers to shop from websites belonging to the following countries:
- Germany – 17% Spanish Customers.
- UK – 22% Spanish Customers.
- China – 30% Spanish Customers.
What Do They Shop?
The Spanish men and women like to buy the following items when they are shopping from international websites:
- Travel and Transport – 33%
- Clothing, Apparel, Footwear and Accessories – 49%
- Consumer Electronics – 39%
How Do They Find You?
- 59% of them shop from the websites they have shopped from before.
- 36% of them shop from the websites recommended by friends and family.
- 41% shop from the websites they know addresses of.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 41% of the Spanish international customers shop via their smartphones.
- 12% of them paid for their purchases using their smartphones.
What Urges Them To Shop Online Internationally?
- 48% shop internationally because of free shipping.
- 51% shop internationally online because of safe payment methods.
- 39% shop internationally because they get customer support in their own language because of Online Business Translation Services.
What Turns Them Off?
- 39% of the Spanish consumers don’t shop online because of fraud and identity theft concerns.
- 40% of them are concerned about not getting good help when they need it.
- 41% have concerns about not getting the item at all.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 26% of them abandon their shopping carts because of long delivery time.
- 33% abandon carts because of high postage and shipping charges.
- 24% abandon carts because of the website security.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 20% of Spanish international online shoppers return products.
- 8% of them returned the product because they didn’t want it anymore.
- 9% returned because the product was not as described.
- 4% always intended to return the product.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 24% of the Spanish consumers use a forwarding address.
- 8% of them use a shipping company.
- 45% of them use a shipping company because it is cheaper.
- 24% do it because the website did not ship to their country.
- 27% wanted to combine multiple purchases from different companies.
- 78% of the Spanish consumers prefer to pay in their own currency.
Moreover, the Spanish consumers don’t shop from the international e-commerce websites that do not offer support in Spanish language. They may like your brand and the products you offer, but they will abandon their carts or simply leave the website if it is not in their language. Using Retail Translation Services can help you with your sales and make them your permanent client. Globalize your Ecommerce Business and see the results.