Quick Facts About Russian Customer Purchasing Trends To Boost Your Sales!
- Posted by:
- Mon, 16-05-2016
When it comes to online shopping, Russian consumers are the most educated, second only to the USA consumers. According to a research conducted by Paypal:
- 73% of the Russian clients love o shop online.
- 62% of them prefer to shop from international websites.
Where Do They Shop?
The Russians already have their own sophisticated online shopping system. However, the Russians still like to buy from websites all over the world. They prefer the websites belonging to the following countries:
- USA – 18% Russians
- China – 52% Russians
- Germany – 7% Russians
Where Do They Shop?
The Russian consumers like to shop for the following items from international e-commerce websites:
- Consumer Electronics – 39%
- Hobbies and Toys – 35%
- Apparel, Footwear, Accessories and Clothing – 57%
How Do They Find You?
- 48% like to purchase from only those international websites that they know of.
- 62% only use those websites that they have used in the past.
- 41% of them only use those websites that are recommended by their friends and family.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 43% of the Russian consumers use their smartphones to make purchases online.
- 13% of them use their smartphones to make payments.
What Urges Them To Shop Online Internationally?
- 56% prefer to shop online because of the safe way to pay.
- 58% of then shop online internationally because of the free shipping.
- 48% of them shop online internationally because the website is available either in their language or a translation is available.
What Turns Them Off?
- 50% of the Russian consumers are concerned that they may not get the products they purchased.
- 45% don’t shop internationally because of the high shipping costs.
- 50% of them don’t shop internationally online because they are concerned the product will not be as described.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 32% abandoned carts because they were looking for a better price.
- 36% abandoned carts because of the high shipping price.
- 27% abandoned carts because of the long shipping time.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 9% of all Russian international online shoppers return their purchases.
- 5% do because the product was not as described.
- 3% no longer wanted the product.
- 4% always intended to return the products.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 31% of the Russians use a freight forwarding address.
- 9% of them use a shipping company.
- 37% use a company because it is cheaper.
- 22% wanted to combine purchases from multiple websites.
- 27% used a company because the website did not ship to their country.
- 77% of the Russian consumers would prefer to purchase online internationally in their own currency.
Moreover, the Russian consumers don’t shop from the international e-commerce websites that do not offer support in Russian language. They may like your brand and the products you offer, but they will abandon their carts or simply leave the website if it is not in their language. Using Retail Translation Services can help you with your sales and make them your permanent client. Globalize your Ecommerce Business and see the results.