Boost Your Website with These Cyber Monday Tips
By: Rabia Tanveer
Cyber Monday is just upon us and we all know what that means! Yes, this is the time of the year when we get insane discounts and deals on the best technologies and gadgets. Many people are just waiting for this day to buy things they have wanted for years. Regardless to say, this day opens many, many doors for websites to actually make a lot of sales and have a massive sales day. But, it is not as easy as it is made out to be. There are a lot of things that you will need to do to make sure that you get the sales day you want.
You will have to market your Cyber Monday properly to get the exposure you want and desire. Jot these tips down and make sure your website is properly working on each and every one of them. This way, you can make sure that your website is ready for Cyber Monday.
- Make sure that your server is ready for the Cyber Monday traffic. Eliminate your faults and flaws in your website and make sure that it does not crash because that can seriously damage your sales. Remember when Amazon shut down for 49 minutes and lost $5.7 million? Yeah, you do not want to have to face a similar situation.
- Test the elements of the website you know will be overburdened on Cyber Monday. A few carts are bound to crash, so make sure that that does not happen. Also, test your payment methods and see if all of them are working. You do not want to lose your sales because your payment methods and links are not working properly.
- Touch up that content on your website that gets the most hits from people and make sure that there is nothing that can hurt your image. Make sure that the pages that have no business on your website are not there, or better yet, revamp that page and make it the star of your Cyber Monday marketing.
- Check your SEO and see what more you can do. It will help you decide which page should be on your website and what page should be removed from your server. Check your Google Analytics and see what more pages you should add to your server.
- Create a special page for Cyber Monday. Do not use your home page for all your Cyber Monday backlinks. Make some special pages like your Cyber Monday FAQ and special Customer Service Page.
- Make sure that you post your terms and services for your Cyber Monday deals. Remember that your clients are looking for deals that interest them and if you have some specific terms and conditions, make sure you mention them.
Lastly, try to communicate with your clients as much as possible. Be open and approachable. If you do not have any live chat option on your website, make sure that it is open and running for your Cyber Monday traffic. Remember to always add value to your system. As it is an online event, you are bound to attract more international clients and they will have their own queries, so make sure that you have a translator or have multilingual people sitting in your customer services panel. Having someone to talk to them in their own language will relax your clients and they will enjoy shopping from you and come back for more.