About the project:
It was a TEP (Translate by the first translator, review by the second translator and proofread by the third linguist) project from one of my regular customers from France named A. We have built cooperation with them sinceSeptember 2015. Projects were assigned to us for translation, editing, proofread, DTP and Alignment. Related language pairs were:
Regarding areas/industries, we handled translations for them in relation to technical (watch, aircraft, helicopters, automobile), Jewelry, Cosmetics, Catering, hotel, Children's clothing, legal, Marketing, IT, Health care products, etc.
Details of the project:
1. Service/Procedures: TEP (Translate by the first translator, review by the second translator and proofread by the third linguist);
2. Language pair: French to Simplified Chinese;
3. Words count: 24,748;
4. Deadline: 12 business days;
5. Delivery format: Translation only xliff, reviewed xliff with tracking, final OK xliff, QA report, updated TM, Glossary;
6. Area/Industry: Technical& E-learning for maintenance;
7. Instructions: Please deliver translated files in 4 batches.
Category of source files:
xliff for translation, MS Word for reference and Style Guide for instruction.
Firstly, our Project Manager Andrea made a delivery schedule form with file name, words count, planned deadline, and actual delivery date. Then, I sent the form to customer and followed up the order with it.
Secondly, our translator made a Glossary with about 30 terms and confirmed with customer.
Thirdly, Andrea negotiated delivery in batches with translator and then assigned translation to translator who specialized in automobile and E-learning. Meanwhile, Andrea emphasized instructions and Style Guide with translator item by item on QQ to make sure that translator fully understood all instructions.
Thirdly, when translated documents came back, Andrea QA them by clicking verify in Trados Studio and then ran X-bench. QA report was sent to the second reviewer together with translated files. Andrea reminded reviewer to correct with tracking.
Fourthly, Andrea kept a version with tracking and then accepted all trackings for the other tracking version. Verified and ran X-bench again. QA report 2 and documents were sent to proofreader.
Fifthly, Andrea handled final check compared with source sentence by sentence.
Finally, OK documents were delivered to customer batch by batch.
CCJK Technologies, Co., Ltd. is a provider of translation and localization services with 19-year experience in global localization industry. It was certified by ISO 9001:2008, EN15038 and is the member of ATA, Proz and TAC (Translators Association of China).
1. Good reputation on Proz (Scores 4.9 with 48 entries): http://www.proz.com/blueboard/5490
2. Competitive price with high quality,
3. A global network of native professional translators and project managers, available 24/7 to ensure textual fluency and timely delivery.
4. CAT Tools: Trados, SDLX, MemoQ, Memsource, Across, Wordfast, Transit, XTM, Smartcat, Smartling, Passolo, Catalyst etc.
If you have any translation order from French to Simplified Chinese (Mandarin), please feel free to contact me at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or call me at +86 135 0745 8366. We offer you service by team (Project Manager and Sales) and are available 7/24.