Facts You Should Know To Boost Your Online Business In Brazil!
- Posted by:
- Fri, 01-07-2016
Everyone loves to shop online and the people of the Brazil are no different. Perhaps, they are one of those shoppers who frequently use Internet to get their next shopping fix.
- 67% of Brazilian residents have shopped online.
- 49% of them prefer to shop from the international e-commerce websites.
Where Do They Shop?
When the Brazilian consumers are shopping internationally, they like to choose international platforms belonging to the following countries:
- 29% choose Chinese e-retailers.
- 31% choose USA e-retailers.
- 7% prefer Japanese e-retailers.
What Do They Shop?
The Brazilian consumers prefer to buy the following items from international e-commerce websites:
- Consumer Electronics – 52%
- Digital and Downloadable Entertainment Material – 36%
- Accessories, Clothing, Footwear and Apparel – 52%
How Do They Find You?
- 64% of the Brazilian customers prefer those websites from where they have purchased before.
- 39% of them got the websites they already know of.
- 39% of them find these websites when they are searching the Internet for promotions.
- 49% go to the websites recommended by friends and family.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 50% of Brazilian consumers have shopped online via international websites from heir smart phones.
- 14% of them have paid for these items via their smart phones.
What Urges Them To Shop Online Internationally?
These are the reasons that Brazilian consumers like to buy from international e-commerce websites.
- 51% of the Brazilian consumers shop internationally because of the safe payment method.
- 56% of them shop internationally for free shipping.
- 46% of them shop internationally online because they can find hard to find items.
- 46% of them like to shop from these websites because they are available in Brazilian.
What Turns Them Off?
What makes the Brazilian consumer stop shopping from international E-retailers?
- 49% don’t shop from international websites because of the high shipping rates.
- 46% are not sure if they would receive their items.
- 47% don’t shop internationally because they may have to pay for custom, duty and taxes.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 37% abandon their carts because of the high shipment charges.
- 29% abandon carts because of the ineffective security of the website.
- 29% abandon their carts because of unclear custom, tax and duty charges.
- 34% abandon carts because the delivery time was too long.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 16% Brazilian shoppers returned their purchases in the last month.
- 5% of them no longer need that product.
- 10% of the time, the product is not as it was described.
- 6% of them returned the product because they never intended to keep it.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 32% of the Brazilian online shoppers use the website’s freight forwarding method.
- 12% of them use a freight forwarding company.
- 47% of them feel that the freight forwarding company was cheaper.
- 28% used the freight company because they wanted to combine products from multiple stores.
- 42% of them used the freight company because they company did not ship to the Brazil.
- 80% of the Brazilian international consumers prefer to shop in their own currency.
Lastly, many of the Brazilian consumers don’t shop online because of the language barriers. They may like the products on your website, if they cannot find the information they need on your website, chances are they will not buy from you, ever. You can control this issue and even eliminate it by using Retail Translation Services. This is perhaps the most cost effective way to globalize your website and get more sales.