Irish Customer Purchasing Trends – Know What they Want More!
By: Rabia Tanveer
Irish Customer Purchasing Trends – Know What Makes Them Want More!
The Irish market is the perfect place for international e-commerce. The Irish consumers love to shop online, especially from international e-retailers. According to a research conducted by PayPal:
- 73% Israeli consumers shop online.
- 86% Israeli consumer shop internationally online.
Where Do They Shop?
The Irish consumers like to shop from international websites belonging to the following countries:
- USA – 38% Irish Consumers
- China – 26% Irish Consumers
- UK – 74% Irish Consumers
What Do They Shop?
- Travel and Transport – 45%
- Clothing, Apparel, Footwear and Accessories – 54%
- Education and Entertainment– 38%
How Do They Find You?
- 76% of them go to the websites they have patron in the past.
- 46% of the Israeli consumers go to the websites recommended by their friends and family.
- 44% go to the websites they find while searching for a specific product or brand.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 34% of Irish consumers use smartphones to shop online.
- 12% pay from their smartphones as well.
What Urges Them To Stop Online Internationally?
- 64% Irish patron international websites because of free shipping.
- 53% of them shop from these websites because of overall lower costs.
- 53% of them do it because of the safe way to pay offered.
What Turns Them Off?
- 43% Irish consumers shy away from international shopping because they are concerned the product will be not as described.
- 46% are concerned about identity theft or fraud.
- 43% are concerned about high delivery charges.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 62% of the Irish consumers abandon carts because of high shipping charges.
- 27% abandon carts because of the delivery time.
- 32% do not want to register on new websites.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 15% Irish patrons return their internationally purchased items.
- 9% return the products because they are not as described.
- 4% no longer wanted the item.
- 4% always intended to return the products.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 33% Irish consumers use a shipping address for their freight forwarding.
- 15% of them like to use a freight forwarding company.
- 53% of them do it because it is cheaper.
- 26% of them wanted to send the item as a gift.
- 56% of the time, the website of their choice did not ship to Ireland.
- 76% of Irish consumers prefer to pay internationally online in their own currency.
Globalize your Ecommerce Business today to reap the benefits of multi-cultural consumers. Online Business Translation Services are affordable and easily attainable. You will not have to sell an arm or a leg to get these services. Plus, Retail Translation Services are available in any language you desire and actually save you money from the moment you go global.