This Is What Makes The Italian Consumers Tick – Customer Purchasing Trends Italian Edition
- Posted by:
- Thu, 16-06-2016
The Italian consumers are very tech-savvy when it comes to online shopping. They have their own advanced e-commerce industry; nevertheless, they are not scared of reaching out and trying the vast international e-commerce.
- 71% Italian consumers enjoy shopping online.
- 51% of them prefer to shop internationally.
Where Do They Shop?
The Italian consumer patron the websites belonging to the following countries.
- 24% Italians prefer to shop from UK web stores
- 18% of the Italian consumers shop from USA e-retailers.
- 23% of Italian consumers like to shop from German websites.
What Do They Shop?
- Consumer Electronics – 37%
- Apparel, Footwear, Clothing and Accessories – 42%
- Entertainment and Education – 27%
How Do They Find You?
- 52% of the Italian online patrons go to the international websites they have used in the past.
- 37% of them like to go to the website they already know of.
- 38% of them go to the websites they find via search engines when searching for a brand or product.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 37% of Italian consumers use their smartphones to shop internationally online.
- 12% of them pay for their purchases with their smartphones as well.
What Urges Them To Stop Online Internationally?
- 45% of them shop internationally online because they have a safe way to pay.
- 37% do it because they can find hard to find products.
- 43% of them like to shop internationally online because of the free shipping.
What Turns Them Off?
- 37% of the Italian consumers are concerned about never receiving the item.
- 34% of them don’t shop internationally because of the high delivery charges.
- 34% of them don’t shop internationally because of the tax, duties and custom charges.
- 34% are concerned about counterfeit goods.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 33% abandon their carts because of high shipping costs.
- 27% abandon carts because of unclear duty and shipping charges.
- 25% abandon carts because of long delivery time.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 15% of the Italian consumers return their online international purchases.
- 9% do it because the product was not as described.
- 4% no longer wanted the product.
- 3% always intended to return the product.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 21% of the Italian consumers use a shipping address when shopping internationally online.
- 9% of them use a shipping company.
- 45% of them use the company because it is cheaper.
- 24% Italians want to combine multiple shipping from multiple stores.
- 20% Italian used the company because the website did not ship to their country.
- 74% Italians prefer to make payments in their currency when they are shopping internationally online.
Globalize your Ecommerce Business today to reap the benefits of multi-cultural consumers. Online Business Translation Services are affordable and easily attainable. You will not have to sell an arm or a leg to get these services. Plus, Retail Translation Services are available in any language you desire and actually save you money from the moment you go global.