Austrian Trade Trends – Something From The Heart of Austrian Market
- Posted by:
- Tue, 19-07-2016
Austrian consumers like to buy items from all over the world and this is why they are considered one of the best nations to patron. Here are some handy trade trends for the Austrian market that may just make your business.
- Austria has the population of 8.5 million people.
- Out of every 100 Austrian, 80 people use Internet to shop and more.
Yes, age matters, especially when you are using that a tool to target your niche market. Here is what you need to know:
- 13.6% of Austrians are between ages of 0-14 (male 573,146/female 546,596).
- 11.6% of Austrians are between the ages of 15-24 (male 488,564/female 468,891)
- 42.9% of them are between the ages of 25-54 (male 1,766,729/female 1,756,880)
- 12.7% of them are between the ages of 55-64 (male 515,913/female 528,988)
- 19.2% of the Austrians are 65 and over (male 670,750/female 906,605)
- 67.7% of the population is Urban with 0.48% urbanization rate.
- Roman Catholic 73.6%
- Protestant 4.7%
- Muslim 4.2% O
- Other 3.5%
- Unspecified 2%
- None 12%
The Facts You Should Know!
- Since 2013, Austrian online market grew 19% making it EU 2.6 billion.
- It is expected to increase 36% from 2013 to 2018.
- On 8th December 2014 (Austrria’s Online Shopping Day), Adobe Digital Index expected the e-commerce sales go beyond $921 million marker.
- In Austria, mobile e-commerce is a big deal and accounts for 13% of all online retail in the country.
Frequently Bought Items by Austrians
Here is what our Austrian friends like to buy from international website:
- Apparel & Footwear
- Consumer Electronics & Video Games
- Housewares & Home Furnishings
- Consumer Appliances