How to create translation projects in SDL Trados Studio
- Posted by:
- Fri, 12-08-2016
- New translations projects are created using the New Project wizard that opens via the New Project button or via File > New > Project in the menu.
- In general, choose the “Default” template. For customers with a specific type of project you can create a special template.
- Fill in the fields with the relevant information, e.g. (Name, Description, Location – at this point, we choose the path where it is stored), Date – the date of final delivery to customer, Customer).
- Choose the language pairs.
- Choose everything you need to build the package:
a) files/folders to translate.
b) TM (can create new one or choose one or choose a TM that already exists. ).
c) Termbase (at this point, you can also do an upgrade if you have one in .mdb format).
- Project Preparation. In Task Sequence select “Prepare” (where the package will be assembled).
- Preparing Project: click on Finish, but first make sure that there are no errors.
- Once the project is created, it will appear in bold in the list of projects.