Boost Your Sales In South Korea – Know These Customer Purchasing Trends!
By: Rabia Tanveer
South Korea, the place where e-commerce thrives like no other place on this earth. Plus, this country is also good for the businesses, especially e-commerce websites to grow.
- 77% of South Koreans like to frequently shop online.
- 27% of them like to shop from international e-commerce websites.
Where Do They Shop?
Where do the South Korean customers go to shop? Well, they prefer to shop from the websites belonging to the following countries:
- China – 6% of South Koreans
- Japan – 9% of South Koreans
- USA – 20% of South Koreans.
What Do They Shop?
The South Korean customers like to buy the following from the international websites:
- Cosmetics and Beauty products – 31%
- Apparel, Accessories, Footwear and Clothing – 46%
- Consumer Electronics – 28%
How Do They Find You?
- 42% of the South Korean consumers go to the websites they have address of.
- 43% of the South Korean consumers go to the websites they have used in the past.
- 34% go to the websites that have promotions on their favorite brands and products.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 52% of them like to shop online using their smartphones.
- 19% pat for their international purchases with their smartphones.
What Urges Them To Shop Online Internationally?
- 49% shop from international e-commerce websites because they can buy hard to find products.
- 33% do because they can shop online from websites that are in their own languages, or at least have translations available.
- 33% do this because they get lower costs for the products they need.
- 33% of them shop internationally because the safe payment methods.
What Turns Them Off?
- 55% of them don’t shop internationally because they are concerned about not getting help when they need it.
- 43% are concerned they may not get the products they paid for.
- 48% of them don’t shop from international e-commerce websites because the returning process is very hard.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 31% of South Korean International consumers abandon carts because of the high shipping costs.
- 34% abandon carts because the checkout process is very confusing.
- 26% abandon carts because the shipping time too long.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 25% of the South Korean international consumers have returned their purchases.
- 11% no longer wanted the product.
- 12% returned the product because it was not as it was described.
- 7% always intended to return the products.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issues
- 37% of South Korean international online shoppers use freight forwarding company.
- 27% of them use a shipping address.
- 45% use the freight companies because it is cheaper.
- 34% of them want to mix multiple products, so they use a company.
- 38% used a shipping company because the website did not ship to their country.
- 70% of South Korean international online consumers would like to make payments in their own currency.
Moreover, the South Korean consumers don’t shop from the international e-commerce websites that do not offer support in Korean language. They may like your brand and the products you offer, but they will abandon their carts or simply leave the website if it is not in their language. Using Retail Translation Services can help you with your sales and make them your permanent client. Globalize your Ecommerce Business and see the results.