The Customer Purchasing Trends Of Egypt – Know Them To Make Your Sales Skyrocket!
- Posted by:
- Thu, 30-06-2016
The Egyptians love their pyramids and their Koshari, but what they love more is shopping. After Americans, Egyptians are one of the nations who love to shop online and they are not afraid to shop from international websites.
- 57% of the Egyptians shoppers prefer to shop online.
- 44% of them choose to shop from international e-commerce websites.
Where Do They Shop?
When they are shopping internationally, the Egyptians consumers like to shop from websites belonging to the following countries:
- USA – 17% Egyptians Customers
- UAE – 14% Egyptians Customers
- China – 12% Egyptians Customers
What Do They Shop?
The Egyptians Consumers like to buy the following from USA, UAE and China frequently:
- Consumer Electronics – 43% Egyptians Consumers.
- Clothing, Accessories, Footwear and Apparel – 39% Egyptians Consumers.
- Educational Material or Entertainment – 35% Egyptians Consumers.
How Do They Find You?
- 49% of them go to the websites they have purchased from before.
- 40% of the Egyptians customers go to the international websites that they know addresses of.
- 38% of them go to the websites recommended by friends and family.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 61% of the Egyptians customers have made international purchases via their smartphones.
- 28% of them made payment using their smartphones.
What Urges To Shop Online Internationally?
Why do Egyptians people love to shop from international e-commerce websites?
- 49% of them shop online because they get hard to find items from these international websites.
- 6% prefer the international websites because of fast delivery time.
- 50% of them like to shop online via international e-retailers because of free shipping.
What Turns Them Off?
Why don’t the rest of the Egyptians consumers shop internationally online?
- 43% of them don’t shop online because of the extra fees, taxes and custom charges.
- 42% are concerned that they may never get the item.
- 42% of them don’t shop online internationally because they are unsure of the return policy.
- 42% don’t shop online internationally because they have no proof of product authenticity.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 26% abandon their carts because of unclear tax, duty and custom charges.
- 33% abandon carts because of the high shipping charges.
- 23% abandon their carts because their preferred payment option was not available.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 24% of Egyptians purchasers return their internationally bought products.
- 9% did not want that product any longer.
- 15% returned the products because they were not as described.
- 9% always intended to return the products.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 34% of Egyptians consumers use a Freight Forwarding Address.
- 29% of them use a freight forwarding company.
- 36% do that because it is cheaper.
- 56% chose a freight forwarding company because the website did not ship to their country.
- 28% use a freight company because they wanted to combine multiple purchases from different websites.
- 73% of the Egyptians consumers prefer to pay in their own currency.
There is one more thing that stops the Egyptians consumers from shopping online; they prefer to shop from websites that are in their own language. As everyone does not read or understand English, they shop from those websites that are in their language. If you want to expand your business and increase your sales, you must consider Online Business Translation Services, these Retail Translation Services are very affordable and easy to buy. When you globalize your e-commerce business, you open it to more clients and better sales.