Customer Purchasing Trends – A Walk Into The Minds Of Chinese E-Market!
By: Rabia Tanveer
The Chinese market is ripe for international e-commerce. The Chinese consumers love to shop online, especially from international e-retailers. According to a research conducted by PayPal:
- 81% Chinese consumers shop online.
- 35% Chinese consumer shop internationally online.
Where Do They Shop?
The Chinese consumers like to shop from international websites belonging to the following countries:
- USA – 22% Chinese Consumers
- Japan – 17% Chinese Consumers
- South Korea – 16% Chinese Consumers
What Do They Shop?
- Groceries, Drinks, Food and Alcohol – 42%
- Clothing, Apparel, Footwear and Accessories – 59%
- Cosmetics – 57%
How Do They Find You?
- 45% Chinese consumers go to the websites they know of.
- 47% of them go to the websites they have patron in the past.
- 43% of the Chinese consumers go to the websites that has a promotion on products.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 83% of Chinese consumers use their smartphones to shop internationally online.
- 27% pay from their smartphones as well.
What Urges Them To Stop Online Internationally?
- 41% Chinese patron international websites because of free shipping.
- 45% of them shop from these websites because of product authenticity.
- 49% of them do it because of the safe way to pay offered.
What Turns Them Off?
- 43% are concerned they may not get help when they need it.
- 55% are concerned about counterfeit goods.
- 44% of them are concerned about difficult returning process.
- 43% are concerned about taxes, duties and custom fees.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 27% of the Chinese consumers abandon carts because of high shipping charges.
- 26% abandon carts because of the delivery time.
- 24% abandon carts because of unclear taxes, duties and custom fees.
- 24% are concerned about high return charges.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 35% Chinese patrons return their internationally purchased items.
- 21% return the products because they are not as described.
- 15% no longer wanted the item.
- 12% always intended to return the products.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 54% Chinese consumers use a shipping address for their freight forwarding.
- 39% of them like to use a freight forwarding company.
- 50% of them do it because it is cheaper.
- 44% used the company because of reduced taxes, fees and duty charges.
- 42% wanted to combine purchases from different companies.
- 74% of Chinese consumers prefer to pay internationally online in their own currency.
Globalize your Ecommerce Business today to reap the benefits of multi-cultural consumers. Online Business Translation Services are affordable and easily attainable. You will not have to sell an arm or a leg to get these services. Plus, Retail Translation Services are available in any language you desire and actually save you money from the moment you go global.