Give Your Sales A Boost With These Austria Customer Purchase Trends In Your Arsenal!
- Posted by:
- Mon, 11-07-2016
Austrian consumers are very savvy when it comes to e-commerce. Their own e-commerce industry is very stout, which is the reason why many international consumers patron their websites.
- 75% of Austrian consumers shop online
- 85% of them like to shop from international e-retailers.
Where Do They Shop?
If the Austrian consumers do shop internationally, the prefer the websites from the following countries:
- 79% Austrian frequent Germany websites
- 14% Austrian frequent USA websites
- 16% Austrian frequent UK websites
What Do They Shop?
- Entertainment and Education (Digital) – 33%
- Clothes, Apparel, Footwear and Accessories – 51%
- Entertainment and Education (Physical goods) – 44%
How Do They Find You?
- 62% of Austrian consumers go to the websites they have used in the past.
- 48% of them go to the websites that search engines lead them to.
- 40% of them go to the websites they know.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 30% Austrian consumers use their smartphones to shop online internationally.
- 10% Austrian consumers use their smartphone to pay for their international purchases.
What Urges Them To Stop Online Internationally?
- 58% of Austrian patron international e-commerce websites because of free shipping.
- 47% of the Austrian consumers do it because of safe way to pay.
- 49% of them like to shop from international websites because they can buy hard to find items.
What Turns Them Off?
- 54% of them are concerned they may never receive the item.
- 50% of them are anxious they may not get help when they require it.
- 61% shy away from international e-commerce because of high delivery costs.
- 50% of them distrust international e-commerce because of counterfeit goods.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 59% of Austrian consumers abandon their shopping carts because of high shipping charges.
- 33% abandoned their carts because their preferred payment option was not available.
- 27% of them are not partial to registering on websites.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 19% of Austrian customers return their internationally purchased products.
- 5% always intended to return the product(s).
- 10% returned the product because it was not as described.
- 6% no longer desired/needed the product(s).
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 21% of Austrians use a forwarding address while shopping internationally.
- 8% of them use a shipping company to forward their purchases to their homes.
- 43% of the Austrians use a shipping company because it is cheaper.
- 24% of them wanted to send that as a gift to someone.
- 54% used a freight forwarding company because the website of their choice did not ship to Austria.
- 72% of the Austrian consumers like to make payments in their own currency.
Since Austrian consumers are very particular when it comes to international shopping, they only trust the websites that are available in their language. Online Business Translation Services are the best way to make sure you are giving your patrons everything they desire and save money where you can. Retail translation services are affordable and very easy to use. Globalize your e-commerce business today to see the difference.