Venture Into The Indian Market With These Online Customer Purchasing Trends – Indian Market
By: Rabia Tanveer
India, the place where e-commerce thrives likes no other place on this earth. Plus, this country is also good for the businesses, especially e-commerce websites to grow.
- 78% of Indians like to frequently shop online.
- 38% of them like to shop from international e-commerce websites.
Where Do They Shop?
Where do the Indian customers go to shop? Well, they prefer to shop from the websites belonging to the following countries:
- China – 11% of Indians
- UK – 10% of Indians
- USA – 27% of Indians
What Do They Shop?
The Indian customers like to buy the following from the international websites:
- Educational and Entertainment items – 44%
- Apparel, Accessories, Footwear and Clothing – 53%
- Consumer Electronics – 51%
How Do They Find You?
- 48% of the Indian consumers go to the websites recommended by friends and family.
- 60% of the Indian consumers go to the websites they have used in the past.
- 47% go to the websites that have promotions on their favorite brands and products.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 82% of them like to shop online using their smartphones.
- 30% pay for their international purchases with their smartphones.
What Urges Them To Shop Online Internationally?
- 51% shop from international websites because they have proof of product authenticity.
- 54% shop internationally online because of the free shipping.
- 54% of them shop internationally because the safe payment methods.
What Turns Them Off?
- 44% do not want to pay in a foreign currency.
- 52% don’t shop internationally online because of high shipping charges.
- 48% of them don’t shop from international e-commerce websites because the returning process is very hard.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 45% of Indian International consumers abandon carts because of the high shipping costs.
- 35% abandon carts because the shipping time too long.
- 30% abandoned their carts because their preferred payment option was not available.
- 30% abandon their carts because the website did not ship to their country.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 25% of the Indian international consumers have returned their purchases.
- 11% no longer wanted the product.
- 12% returned the product because it was not as it was described.
- 7% always intended to return the products.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issues
- 37% of Indian international online shoppers use freight forwarding company.
- 27% of them use a shipping address.
- 45% use the freight companies because it is cheaper.
- 34% of them want to mix multiple products, so they use a company.
- 38% used a shipping company because the website did not ship to their country.
- 70% of Indian international online consumers would like to make payments in their own currency.
Moreover, the Indian consumers don’t shop from the international e-commerce websites that do not offer support in Hindi language. They may like your brand and the products you offer, but they will abandon their carts or simply leave the website if it is not in their language. Using Retail Translation Services can help you with your sales and make them your permanent client. Globalize your Ecommerce Business and see the results.