Give Your Sales A Boost With These Japanese Customer Purchase Trends In Your Arsenal!
- Posted by:
- Fri, 10-06-2016
Japanese consumers are very savvy when it comes to e-commerce. Their own e-commerce industry is very stout, which is the reason why many international consumers patron their websites.
- 78% of Japanese consumers shop online
- 12% of them like to shop from international e-retailers.
Where Do They Shop?
If the Japanese consumers do shop internationally, the prefer the websites from the following countries:
- 2% Japanese frequent Chinese websites
- 8% Japanese frequent USA websites
- 2% Japanese frequent South Korean websites
What Do They Shop?
- Travel and Transport – 25%
- Clothes, Apparel, Footwear and Accessories – 33%
- Entertainment and Education (Physical goods) – 24%
How Do They Find You?
- 44% of Japanese consumers go to the websites they have used in the past.
- 41% of them go to the websites that search engines lead them to.
- 35% find websites on shopping comparison websites.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 33% Japanese consumers use their smartphones to shop online internationally.
- 12% Japanese consumers use their smartphone to pay for their international purchases.
What Urges Them To Stop Online Internationally?
- 40% of Japanese patron international e-commerce websites because of free shipping.
- 47% of the Japanese consumers do it because of safe way to pay.
- 40% of them like to shop from international websites because they have customer services in Japanese.
What Turns Them Off?
- 55% of them are concerned they may never receive the item.
- 57% of them are anxious they may not get help when they require it.
- 46% shy away from international e-commerce because of high delivery costs.
- 46% of them distrust international e-commerce because of counterfeit goods.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 32% of Japanese consumers abandon their shopping carts because of high shipping charges.
- 18% of them are usually looking for a better price.
- 21% of them are not partial to registering on websites.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 14% of Japanese customers return their internationally purchased products.
- 6% always intended to return the product(s).
- 8% returned the product because it was not as described.
- 3% no longer desired/needed the product(s).
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 18% of Japanese use a forwarding address while shopping internationally.
- 27% of them use a shipping company to forward their purchases to their homes.
- 35% of the Japanese use a shipping company because it is cheaper.
- 30% of Japanese consumers wanted to combine multiple purchases.
- 19% used a freight forwarding company because the website of their choice did not ship to Japan.
- 68% of the Japanese consumers like to make payments in their own currency.
Since Japanese consumers are very particular when it comes to international shopping, they only trust the websites that are available in Japanese language. Online Business Translation Services are the best way to make sure you are giving your patrons everything they desire and save money where you can. Retail translation services are affordable and very easy to use. Globalize your e-commerce business today to see the difference.