Argentine Customer Purchasing Trends – Use Them To Increase Your Sales
- Posted by:
- Fri, 15-07-2016
When it comes to online international shopping the Argentine consumers are highly educated and intelligent crowd. They know what they want and they are not afraid to get it or ask for it.
- 57% Argentines like to shop online.
- 45% of them like to shop online internationally.
Where Do They Shop?
The Argentines like to shop from the websites that belong to the following countries:
- USA – 25% Argentines
- Spain – 9% Argentines
- China – 17% Argentines
What Do They Shop?
- Footwear, Clothes, Accessories and Apparel – 39%
- Entertainment and Education – 38%
- Consumer Electronics – 38%
How Do They Find You?
- 41% of the Argentines go to the international websites they know off.
- 61% of them go to the websites they have used in the past.
- 43% of them use the websites that are recommended to them by their friends and family.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 35% of Argentines uses their smartphones to make purchases for their international online shopping.
- 11% of them like to make payments with their smartphones as well.
What Urges Them To Shop Online Internationally?
- 60% of them shop online internationally because of free shipping.
- 61% do it because all costs are shown in their currency.
- 56% of them like to shop internationally online because of the safe way to pay.
What Turns Them Off?
- 60% don’t shop internationally online because they have to pay tax, duty fees and custom fees.
- 53% of them shy away from it because they have to make payments in foreign currency.
- 52% are concerned they may not receive the product.
- 52% don’t shop internationally online because of unclear tax, duty fees and custom fees.
- 52% are concerned about the poor currency conversion rate.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 32% of them abandon carts because of high shipping charges.
- 31% don’t shop internationally online because of unclear tax, duty fees and custom fees.
- 27% of them shy away from it because they have to make payments in foreign currency.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 11% of the Argentines consumers return their purchases.
- 2% of them always intended to return the product.
- 7% return the product because it was not as described.
- 3% no longer wanted the product.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 25% of the Argentines use a freight forwarding address for their international online shopping.
- 13% used a freight forwarding company.
- 45% did it because the website did not ship to their country.
- 48% did it because it was cheaper.
- 33% used a company because they wanted to reduce custom and other taxes.
- 79% of them prefer to make purchases in their own currency while shopping online internationally.
Since Argentines consumer prefer to shop online in their own language, you can easily direct them to your website by using Online Business Translation Services. You can have your website in their language without sending thousands of dollars by using retail translation services. It is affordable, easy and very effective, Globalize your e-commerce business today to see the difference.