Australian Customer Purchasing Trends – Know What Makes Them Want More!
By: Rabia Tanveer
The Australian market is the perfect place for international e-commerce. The Australian consumers love to shop online, especially from international e-retailers. According to a research conducted by PayPal:
- 67% Australian consumers shop online.
- 65% Australian consumer shop internationally online.
Where Do They Shop?
The Australian consumers like to shop from international websites belonging to the following countries:
- USA – 40% Australian Consumers
- China – 32% Australian Consumers
- UK – 22% Australian Consumers
What Do They Shop?
- Education and Entertainment (Digital)– – 27%
- Clothing, Apparel, Footwear and Accessories – 46%
- Education and Entertainment (Physical)– 35%
How Do They Find You?
- 58% of them go to the websites they have patron in the past.
- 28% of the Australian consumers go to the websites recommended by their friends and family.
- 39% go to the websites they find while searching for a specific product or brand.
- 38% of the Australians go to the websites they know of.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 38% of Australian consumers use their smartphones to shop internationally online.
- 13% pay from their smartphones as well.
What Urges Them To Stop Online Internationally?
- 55% Australian patron international websites because of free shipping.
- 41% of them shop from these websites because of overall lower costs.
- 42% of them do it because of the safe way to pay offered.
What Turns Them Off?
- 4348 Australian consumers are concerned they may never receive the items.
- 45% are concerned about identity theft or fraud.
- 51% are concerned about high delivery charges.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 54% of the Australian consumers abandon carts because of high shipping charges.
- 26% abandon carts because they have concerns about website security.
- 24% do not want to register on new websites.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 16% Australian patrons return their internationally purchased items.
- 10% return the products because they are not as described.
- 5% no longer wanted the item.
- 5% always intended to return the products.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 17% Australian consumers use a shipping address for their freight forwarding.
- 11% of them like to use a freight forwarding company.
- 43% of them do it because it is cheaper.
- 30% of them wanted to combine purchases from multiple stores.
- 45% of the time, the website of their choice did not ship to Australia.
- 74% of Australian consumers prefer to pay internationally online in their own currency.
Globalize your Ecommerce Business today to reap the benefits of multi-cultural consumers. Online Business Translation Services are affordable and easily attainable. You will not have to sell an arm or a leg to get these services. Plus, Retail Translation Services are available in any language you desire and actually save you money from the moment you go global.