Customer Purchasing Trends – A Walk Into The Minds Of Israeli E-Market!
By: Rabia Tanveer
The Israeli market is ripe for international e-commerce. The Israeli consumers love to shop online, especially from international e-retailers. According to a research conducted by PayPal:
- 73% Israeli consumers shop online.
- 79% Israeli consumer shop internationally online.
Where Do They Shop?
The Israeli consumers like to shop from international websites belonging to the following countries:
- USA – 51% Israeli Consumers
- China – 60% Israeli Consumers
- UK – 21% Israeli Consumers
What Do They Shop?
- Toys and Hobbies – 37%
- Clothing, Apparel, Footwear and Accessories – 58%
- Consumer Electronics – 35%
How Do They Find You?
- 46% Israeli consumers go to the websites they know of.
- 68% of them go to the websites they have patron in the past.
- 46% of the Israeli consumers go to the websites recommended by their friends and family.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 48% of Israeli consumers use their smartphones to shop internationally online.
- 15% pay from their smartphones as well.
What Urges Them To Stop Online Internationally?
- 67% Israelis patron international websites because of free shipping.
- 52% of them shop from these websites because of fast delivery time.
- 54% of them do it because of the safe way to pay offered.
What Turns Them Off?
- 56% Israeli consumers shy away from international shopping because they are concerned the product will be not as described.
- 55% are concerned they may not get help when they need it.
- 49% are concerned they may not receive the item altogether.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 47% of the Israeli consumers abandon carts because of high shipping charges.
- 24% abandon carts because of the delivery time.
- 32% of them are on the lookout for a better price.
- 24% do not want to register on new websites.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 17% Israeli patrons return their internationally purchased items.
- 12% return the products because they are not as described.
- 5% no longer wanted the item.
- 2% always intended to return the products.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 22% Israeli consumers use a shipping address for their freight forwarding.
- 12% of them like to use a freight forwarding company.
- 49% of them do it because it is cheaper.
- 16% of them wanted to send the item as a gift.
- 49% of the time, the website of their choice did not ship to Israel.
- 72% of Israeli consumers prefer to pay internationally online in their own currency.
Globalize your Ecommerce Business today to reap the benefits of multi-cultural consumers. Online Business Translation Services are affordable and easily attainable. You will not have to sell an arm or a leg to get these services. Plus, Retail Translation Services are available in any language you desire and actually save you money from the moment you go global.