Online Customer Purchasing Trends – Why Polish Market Is Good For Your Sales?
- Posted by:
- Mon, 30-05-2016
The Polish consumers are one of the most active online shoppers of the word. They like the convenience of shopping online right from their homes. According to a research by PayPal:
- 73% of Polish people like to shop online.
- 33% of them like to shop from international e-commerce websites.
Where Do They Shop?
The Polish customers like to shop from the websites belonging to the following countries:
- USA – 12% Polish Consumers
- UK – 13% Polish Consumers
- China – 10% Polish Consumers
What Do They Shop?
They like to buy items from the following categories:
- Consumer Electronics – 49%
- Clothing, Footwear, Apparel and Accessories – 49%
- Hobbies and Toys – 33%
How Do They Find You?
- 45% of the Polish consumers go to the websites they know of.
- 54% of them go to the websites they have used in the past.
- 40% of them go to the websites they find on the search engines when looking for a specific brand or product.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 35% of them have used their smartphones to shop internationally.
- 11% of them use their smartphones to pay for their international purchases.
What Urges Them To Shop Online Internationally?
- 43% of them shop internationally because of the free shipping.
- 44% of them shop online internationally because they can buy hard to find items.
- 43% of them of them use online international websites because they are available in their language.
What Turns Them Off?
- 46% of them don’t shop online internationally because of delivery times.
- 56% of them don’t shop online because of high shipping charges.
- 45% of them don’t shop online because they are concern they may never receive the product.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 25% abandon their carts because of the long shipping time.
- 35% of them do it because of the high shipping charges.
- 19% did it because they were looking for a better price.
- 19% did it because the checkout process was confusing.
- 19% of the consumers did it because of the unclear or high duty, custom and tax fees.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 19% of the Polish consumers return their internationally purchased products.
- 7% no longer wanted the product.
- 10% did it because the product was not as described.
- 5% always intended to do so.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 23% of them use a shipping address.
- 9% of them use a shipping company.
- 38% used a freight forwarding company because the website did not ship to their country.
- 42% did it because it was cheaper.
- 26% did it because they wanted to reduce tax and other fees.
- 70% of Polish consumers prefer to make payments in their own currency.
Since 43% of the Polish consumer prefer to shop online in their own language, you can easily direct them to your website by using Online Business Translation Services. You can have your website in Polish without sending thousands of dollars by using retail translation services. It is affordable, easy and very effective, Globalize your e-commerce business today to see the difference.