Quick Facts - Boost Your Online Sales in Sweden
- Posted by:
- Tue, 17-05-2016
The Swedish online consumer market is very good for international business. International online shopping is the favorite pass time of many of them.
- 72% of Swedish consumers like to shop online.
- 49% of them like to shop from international e-retailers.
Where Do They Shop?
The Swedish consumers like to shop internationally from the websites belonging to the following countries:
- China – 18% Swedish Customers
- USA – 22% Swedish Customers
- UK – 18% Swedish Customers
What Do They Shop?
What do they like to buy? They like the following:
- Consumer Electronics – 27%
- Travel and Transport – 29%
- Footwear, Apparel, Accessories and Clothing – 47%
How Do They Find You?
- 43% go to these websites after searching for particular brands or products on search engines.
- 52% go to these websites because they have used them in the past.
- 30% go to the websites recommended by their friends and family.
- 30% go to the websites whose addresses they know.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 26% of the Swedish customers shop internationally via their cell phones.
- 10% of them make payments via their cell phones.
What Urges To Shop Online Internationally?
- 48% of the Swedish people like to shop internationally online for free shipping.
- 42% of them like to shop internationally because they can find hard to get items.
- 43% do it because of the safe and secure payment methods.
What Turns Them Off?
- 43% don’t shop internationally because of he high shipping costs.
- 44% of them don’t because of custom, fees and additional taxes.
- 37% don’t because of the difficult returning processes.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 23% abandon carts because they don’t want to register.
- 38% of abandon the carts because of the shipping charges.
- 22% abandon carts because of the security of the website.
- 22% abandon carts because their preferred payment method was not available.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 12% of Swedish customers return products.
- 6% returned their products because it was different than what was described.
- 4% did not want the product any more.
- 4% always intended to return the product.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 13% of Swedish consumers use a freight company.
- 15% use the website’s freight shipping.
- 33% chose freight shipping companies because it was cheaper.
- 21% of them did that because the website did not ship to their country.
- 26% of them bought the product as a gift for someone and so used freight companies.
- 56% of them prefer to make payments in their own currency.
There is one more thing that stops the Swiss consumers from shopping online; they prefer to shop from websites that are in their own language. As everyone does not read or understand English, they shop from those websites that are in French and German. If you want to expand your business and increase your sales, you must consider Online Business Translation Services, these Retail Translation Services are very affordable and easy to buy. When you globalize your e-commerce business, you open it to more clients and better sales.