The Customer Purchasing Trends Of Switzerland – Know Them To Make Your Sales Skyrocket!
By: Rabia Tanveer
The Swiss love their cheese and their tennis, but what they love more is shopping. After Americans, Swiss are one of the nations who love to shop online and they are not afraid to shop from international websites.
- 74% of the Swiss shoppers prefer to shop online.
- 66% of them choose to shop from international e-commerce websites.
Where Do They Shop?
When they are shopping internationally, the Swiss consumers like to shop from websites belonging to the following countries:
- USA – 17% Swiss Customers
- Germany – 47% Swiss Customers
- France – 16% Swiss Customers
What Do They Shop?
The Swiss Consumers like to buy the following from USA, Germany and France frequently:
- Transport and Travel – 46% Swiss Consumers.
- Clothing, Accessories, Footwear and Apparel – 47% Swiss Consumers.
- Educational Material or Entertainment – 38% Swiss Consumers.
How Do They Find You?
- 46% of Swiss consumers go to international websites while searching for a brand or product on a search engine.
- 62% of them go to the websites they have purchased from before.
- 48% of the Swiss customers go to the international websites that they know addresses of.
Cross-Border E-Commerce Revitalized
- 31% of the Swiss customers have made international purchases via their smartphones.
- 10% of them made payment using their smartphones.
What Urges To Shop Online Internationally?
Why do Swiss people love to shop from international e-commerce websites?
- 46% of them shop online because they get hard to find items from these international websites.
- 42% prefer the international websites because additional charges and fees are already mentioned at checkout.
- 52% of them like to shop online via international e-retailers because of free shipping.
What Turns Them Off?
Why don’t the rest of the Swiss consumers shop internationally online?
- 48% of them don’t want to pay heavy shipping costs.
- 54% of them don’t shop online because of the extra fees, taxes and custom charges.
- 47% are concerned that they may never get the item.
Why Do They Abandon Shopping Carts?
- 29% abandon their carts because of unclear tax, duty and custom charges.
- 48% abandon carts because of the high shipping charges.
- 27% abandon their carts because their preferred payment option was not available.
Why Do They Return Your Products?
- 12% of Swiss purchasers return their internationally bought products.
- 5% did not want that product any longer.
- 5% returned the products because they were not as described.
- 3% always intended to return the products.
Freight Forwarding – A Major Issue
- 35% of Swiss consumers use a Freight Forwarding Address.
- 13% of them use a freight forwarding company.
- 53% do that because it is cheaper.
- 58% chose a freight forwarding company because the website did not ship to their country.
- 44% did it to avoid further fees, taxes or charges.
- 64% of the Swiss consumers prefer to pay in their own currency.
There is one more thing that stops the Swiss consumers from shopping online; they prefer to shop from websites that are in their own language. As everyone does not read or understand English, they shop from those websites that are in French and German. If you want to expand your business and increase your sales, you must consider Online Business Translation Services, these Retail Translation Services are very affordable and easy to buy. When you globalize your e-commerce business, you open it to more clients and better sales.